Davines Alchemic Tobacco Shampoo & Conditioner
Color-enhancing shampoo and conditioner for medium-to-light brown tones. Intensifies and illuminates these natural or colored lighter brunette shades.
Its formula is enriched with Vitamin B for a strong moisturizing power while preventing hair damage to achieve healthy and softer hair.
Made for those who need a quick touch up of their hair colour, this line of Alchemic Shampoos and Conditioners intensify and illuminate natural or cosmetic hair colour.
Ever since I start dyeing my hair to different hair colours, I always trusted Davines because of its ability to protect my hair from further chemical damage and it prevents my hair colour to fade. Thank you so much, HairMNL! Til my next hair colour again (probably after 3 months again😂)
Since the pandemic started, it's been harder to have my hair color refreshed in the salon. This really helped keep my color last longer. The results are immediately noticeable so it's really worth the investment! Buying my second set again now, actually! :)
I recently had my hair bleached and colored red without much idea how hard it is to maintain (bad idea—research what you’re getting into). At first it was amazing, just absolutely gorgeous, but just about a week in, I noticed it starting to fade into an orange-y brassy tone. I shampooed less and invested in hair products specifically for colored hair, to no avail. Not wanting to look like a big orange clown, I bought Davines Alchemic red after a bunch of research. At first I was skeptical, but after a few washes, (every 2-3 days), the reddish tint returned, brighter and even more distinct.
1. It washes off with any regular or color-safe shampoo and fades back to a dull red orange tint.
2. Few hours after washing, hair looks and feels dry (it turns glossy given time with the natural oils in hair)
3. It has a chemical smell, but it’s something I got used to
4. The product is something you really have to invest in, given its price (>2.5k woot!). If you’re after the amount of product for your money, then this isn’t for you. The shampoo is 280 ml, and if used regularly will be consumed in a month or less. I wouldn’t recommend it for thick long locks
5. In the interest of conserving, I tried using small amounts, about 5ml or so but found that it doesn’t foam up well. It felt like a half wash rather than a full cleansing. I learned it takes a specific amount to fully cover my hair and give a thorough shampoo.
I love the product to absolute bits! It’s a redhead saver. But personally will try other budget friendly options. It’s nice to know though that this is something I can go back to when all else fails. Hope the review helps.