Keratin Complex Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment 1L
Disclaimer: These products are intended to be used by a hairdresser. Use by a non-professional hairdresser may result in damaged hair.
What It Is
The Signature Smoothing Solution
Who It's For
- For spot treatments, bangs and problem spot
How It Works
- Formulated with high-quality sheep’s wool keratin for optimal results
- Helps eliminate frizz so hair looks smoother and healthier
- Reduces curl up to three levels
- Delivers radiant, healthy-looking shine
- Helps repair damage
- Helps prevent humidity from penetrating the hair shaft and causing frizz
- Cuts daily styling time and makes blow-drying faster and easier
- Helps promote more vibrant and intense color results
- Results last up to five months
How to Use
- Patch test prior to application.
- As with any chemical service, pregnant or nursing women should seek the advice of their physician before use.
- Do not pour product back into the bottle after application is completed. Discard any remaining product.
- Gloves should be worn during throughout the treatment
- Use Keratin Complex® styling tools and appliances to ensure optimal results
- Always use professional judgment when selecting a
- flat-iron temperature. The temperature should be adjusted based on the client’s hair type and chemical-processing history. Start at the lowest recommended temperature and increase only if needed
- Always use a heat-resistant comb in front of the iron to provide tension
- Keep the iron in continuous motion to avoid heat damage
- Treatments should be applied from base to end each time a client has a repeat treatment Avoid the first ¼” inch of hair closest to the scalp
- Always apply and comb treatment away from the face using a fine-tooth comb to ensure the product is evenly distributed and to avoid oversaturation.
- If a sub-section becomes oversaturated, drop the next sub-section without adding more product, then comb sub-sections together.
- To remove excess product, comb thoroughly with a finetooth comb, wiping excess onto a towel. Continue until hair combs clean without excess product on the comb.
- When applying the treatment, the first areas of application may appear dry. This means the treatment has sufficiently penetrated the cuticle. It is not necessary to reapply, as this will cause oversaturation.
Step 1: Preparation.
1. Shake bottle well. Measure and pour 1-2 fl. oz./30-60 mL of treatment into a bowl, depending on hair type, texture, density and length. Allow product to aerate for 10-15 minutes.
2. Shampoo with Keratin Complex® Clarifying Shampoo 2-3 times, keeping in mind that coarse, resistant or gray hair may require 3 shampoos. Rinse completely after the final shampoo. Do not condition.
- Step 2: Blow-Dry
1. Dry the hair 100% using fingers on a medium-heat setting.
- Step 3: Application
- 1. Divide and clip the hair into 6 sections.
2. Starting at the nape of the neck, part the hair into 1/2 to 1-inch/1- to 2.5-cm sub-sections.
3. Use an application brush to apply NKST or NKST Blonde. Begin application ¼-inch/.6 cm from the scalp through to the ends of the hair, working toward the top of the head.
4. Do not oversaturate the hair with product. Follow Application instructions if oversaturation occurs. Continue combing to ensure even distribution and prevent oversaturation.
5. Cover hair with a plastic cap and allow product to absorb at room temperature for 30 minutes. Do not rinse.
1. Using a fine-tooth comb, comb hair thoroughly away from the face to ensure even distribution and prevent oversaturation.
Step 5: 2nd Blow-Dry
1. Before blow-drying, divide and clip the hair into 6 sections.
2. Blow-dry the hair one section at a time on a cool setting until 80% dry, using fingers only and concentrating airflow downward and away from the face.
3. Finish blow-drying using a Keratin Complex® vent brush.
Note: Hair must be 100% dry before flat-ironing.
- Step 6: Flat-Iron
- 1. Replace the client’s towel.
- 2. Divide and clip the hair into 6 sections.
- 3. Starting at the nape of the neck, flat-iron 1/8-inch/.3-cm sub-sections. “Tap, tap, tap” the iron at the base area first.
- 4. Follow through from base to end, making sure the iron is continuously moving. Use light tension to help smooth the base area. Continue this process for the entire head.
Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment: 380°-400°F (193°-204°C)
Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment for Blonde Hair: 360°-380°F (182°-193°C)
Number of passes: Fine to medium hair: 7-10 times from base to end
Coarse, virgin or resistant hair: 10-12 times from base to end
Start at the lowest recommended temperature and increase only if needed.
- Finished Look
The client now has smooth, frizz-free hair for up to 5 months.