Keratin Complex Express Blow Out - Backbar
Disclaimer: These products are intended to be used only by a hairdresser. Use by a non-professional hair stylist may result in damaged hair.
What It Is
The Speedy Smoothing Solution
Who It's For
- For spot treatments, bangs and problem spot
How It Works
- Unique one-hour treatment and profitable add-on service
- Helps eliminate frizz
- Delivers healthy-looking shine
- Perfect for quick spot treatments, bangs or problem areas
- Hair can be shampooed just eight hours after treatment
- Results last up to six weeks
How to Use
- Patch test prior to application.
- As with any chemical service, pregnant or nursing women should seek the advice of their physician before use.
- Do not pour product back into the bottle after application is completed. Discard any remaining product.
- Gloves should be worn during throughout the treatment
- Use Keratin Complex® styling tools and appliances to ensure optimal results
- Always use professional judgment when selecting a
- flat-iron temperature. The temperature should be adjusted based on the client’s hair type and chemical-processing history. Start at the lowest recommended temperature and increase only if needed
- Always use a heat-resistant comb in front of the iron to provide tension
- Keep the iron in continuous motion to avoid heat damage
- Treatments should be applied from base to end each time a client has a repeat treatment Avoid the first ¼” inch of hair closest to the scalp
- Always apply and comb treatment away from the face using a fine-tooth comb to ensure the product is evenly distributed and to avoid oversaturation.
- If a sub-section becomes oversaturated, drop the next sub-section without adding more product, then comb sub-sections together.
- To remove excess product, comb thoroughly with a finetooth comb, wiping excess onto a towel. Continue until hair combs clean without excess product on the comb.
- When applying the treatment, the first areas of application may appear dry. This means the treatment has sufficiently penetrated the cuticle. It is not necessary to reapply, as this will cause oversaturation.
Step 1: Preparation.
1. Shake bottle well. Measure and pour 1-1½ fl. oz./30-45 mL of Express Blow Out into a bowl depending on hair type, texture, density and length. Allow product to aerate for 10-15 minutes.
2. Shampoo all hair types with Keratin Complex® Clarifying Shampoo 2 times. Rinse completely after final shampoo. Do not condition.
- Step 2: Towel-Dry
1. Towel-dry the hair well, leaving enough moisture in the hair for optimal distribution of Express Blow Out. Do not use a blow-dryer.
- Step 3: Application
- 1. Divide and clip the hair into 6 sections.
- 2. Starting at the nape of the neck, part the hair into 1- to 2-inch/2.5- to 5-cm sub-sections.
3. Use an application brush to apply Express Blow Out. Begin application ¼ inch/.6 cm from the scalp through to the ends of the hair, working toward the top of the head.
4. Do not oversaturate the hair with product. Follow instructions on page 8 if oversaturation occurs. Continue combing to ensure even distribution and prevent oversaturation. Do not rinse. No processing is required. Continue to blow-dry step.
Step 4: Blow-Dry
1. Before blow-drying, section the hair into 6 sections.
2. Blow-dry the hair one section at a time on a cool dryer setting until 80% dry, using fingers only and concentrating airflow downward and away from the face.
3. Finish blow-drying using a Keratin Complex® vent brush and/or round brush.
Note: Hair must be 100% dry before flat-ironing.
Step 5: Flat-Iron*
1. Divide and clip the hair into 6 sections. Start at the nape of the neck with 1- to 2-inch/2.5- to 5-cm sub-sections.
2. Slowly move the iron from base to end over each sub-section, making sure the iron is continuously moving. Continue this process throughout the entire head.
Temperature range: 380°-400°F (193°-204°C)
Number of passes: 2-4 times from base to end
Start at the lowest recommended temperature and increase only if needed.
- Finished Look
- The client has soft, shiny hair for up to 6 weeks.